innfeed busy logging timer stats

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 24 17:07:40 UTC 2011

Hi Florian,

> 1) What's the point of declaring and defining a function on adjacent
> lines, e.g. innfeed/endpoint.c:~1396
>
> void timerCallback (void *cd) ;
> void timerCallback (void *cd)
> {
>    d_printf (1,"Callback \n") ;
> }

As Russ said, it is useless adding such a prototype.

A case of use would be if we also give gcc attributes to the function.  For instance:

void xmalloc_fail(const char *, size_t, const char *, int)
    __attribute__((__noreturn__));

void
xmalloc_fail(const char *function, size_t size, const char *file, int line)
{
    sysdie("failed to %s %lu bytes at %s line %d", function,
           (unsigned long) size, file, line);
}

Yet, it would still be better to have it in a proper header file,
or made static as Russ suggested.
I see that you proposed a patch to make it static, thanks!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ce n'est pas en tournant le dos aux choses qu'on leur fait face. »
  (Pierre Dac)