enableoverview to false

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 15 19:51:08 UTC 2012

Hi John,

>> If you disable the use of overview in inn.conf, you should not run
>> news.daily
>> with the "expireover" keyword. Removing this keyword is fine.
>
> I watched the log tail at midnight and all seemed well.

OK, great to know!

> However, cron e-mailed me:
>
> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 00:07:45 -0500
> Subject: Cron <news at optima11> test -x /usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily &&
> news.daily lowmark delayrm
>
> warning: lowmark requires expireover

The lowmark keyword is indeed useless without expireover.

Second point:  cron should not e-mail you.
I believe the warning should be fed to innmail, which means changing:
     echo "warning:  lowmark requires expireover"
to:
     echo "warning:  lowmark requires expireover" | eval ${MAIL}
in news.daily.

> The /etc/cron.d/inn2 file has:
>
> 0 0 * * * news test -x /usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily && news.daily
> lowmark delayrm
>
> Isn't lomark required or can that keyword also be removed?

Yes it can.
I will update the documentation to mention the fact.
Thanks again for your precious remarks!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Pour célébrer ce jour heureux, buvons un coup, buvons-en deux. »
   (Aristophane)