Issue with DBM and CURRENT on RHEL/CentOS 6.5?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Dec 10 19:54:44 UTC 2013

Hi Jesse,

> I'm trying to build the latest CURRENT and am running into an issue
> related to DBM.  Interestingly enough I also notice that earlier this
> evening I updated all of the packages on my system (CentOS 6.5 now)
> which updated gdbm and also installed gdbm-devel as a dependency to
> perl-devel.  I was able to build an older version of CURRENT that I had
> laying around.

What is the date of the older version of CURRENT that builds fine?
(Did you run configure again after the upgrade of your system, before
rebuilding it?)
If you still have it, what are the values in include/config.h for:
HAVE_BDB_NDBM
HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H
HAVE_DBM
HAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H
HAVE_NDBM_H

Same question for the latest CURRENT (the one that does not build).

> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/news/src/inn-CURRENT-20131208/authprogs'
> gcc -g -O2 -I../include   -c ckpasswd.c
> ckpasswd.c: In function ‘password_dbm’:
> ckpasswd.c:167: error: ‘datum’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> ckpasswd.c:167: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ckpasswd.c:167: error: for each function it appears in.)
> ckpasswd.c:167: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘key’
> ckpasswd.c:168: error: ‘DBM’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> ckpasswd.c:168: error: ‘database’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> ckpasswd.c:174: error: ‘key’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> ckpasswd.c:176: error: ‘value’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[1]: *** [ckpasswd.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/news/src/inn-CURRENT-20131208/authprogs'
> make: *** [all-authprogs] Error 2

It seems that DBM support has been found at configure time by INN but
the related headers are not properly included or working.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Nous ne connaissons pas leur langue, donc, sous aucun prétexte
     il ne faut parler aux Goths !
   – Mais on peut leur taper dessus ? » (Astérix)