Issue with DBM and CURRENT on RHEL/CentOS 6.5?

Jesse Rehmer jesse.rehmer at blueworldhosting.com
Tue Dec 10 20:08:00 UTC 2013

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> What is the date of the older version of CURRENT that builds fine?
> (Did you run configure again after the upgrade of your system, before
> rebuilding it?)
The previous version was 20131014.  I did not re-run configure, and now
that I have it is failing in the same way as the latest CURRENT.
> If you still have it, what are the values in include/config.h for:
> HAVE_BDB_NDBM
> HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H
> HAVE_DBM
> HAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H
> HAVE_NDBM_H

>From the latest CURRENT:

[root at nnrp include]# egrep
'HAVE_BDB_NDBM|HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H|HAVE_DBM|HAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H|HAVE_NDBM_H'
config.h
/* #undef HAVE_BDB_NDBM */
/* #undef HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H */
#define HAVE_DBM 1
/* #undef HAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H */
/* #undef HAVE_NDBM_H */

>From a previous build that worked (and has not had configure re-ran):

[root at nnrp include]# egrep
'HAVE_BDB_NDBM|HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H|HAVE_DBM|HAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H|HAVE_NDBM_H'
config.h
/* #undef HAVE_BDB_NDBM */
/* #undef HAVE_DB1_NDBM_H */
/* #undef HAVE_DBM */
/* #undef HAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H */
/* #undef HAVE_NDBM_H */

Looks like DBM support wasn't previously defined.  I cannot remove the
gdbm-devel package without breaking dependency with perl-devel.  It
looks like the dependency on gdbm-devel was introduced by the latest
update to perl-core which now requires perl-devel and subsequently
gdbm-devel.