Issue with DBM and CURRENT on RHEL/CentOS 6.5?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Dec 11 08:37:54 UTC 2013

Hi Jesse,

> [root at nnrp inn-CURRENT-20131208]# grep DBM_LIBS Makefile.global
> DBM_LIBS    = -lgdbm
>
> This may help a bit:
>
> [root at nnrp inn-CURRENT-20131208]# rpm -ql gdbm-devel
> /usr/include/gdbm
> /usr/include/gdbm.h
> /usr/include/gdbm/dbm.h
> /usr/include/gdbm/gdbm.h
> /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h
> /usr/lib64/libgdbm.so
> /usr/share/info/gdbm.info.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/gdbm.3.gz

OK, thanks.
Does the build work if you manually add in ckpasswd.c the line:

#include <gdbm/ndbm.h>

after for instance:

#include <grp.h>

I suggest this quick test because you do not have a recent enough autoconf
version to regenerate a configure file.

Incidentally, if you are currently blocked in your tests and wish to build
INN, do not hesitate to comment the HAVE_DBM line in include/config.h;
ckpasswd will then build fine because it will no longer try to include
ndbm support.

--
Julien ÉLIE