Log articles in realtime?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Jul 3 20:29:08 UTC 2013

Hi Jesse,

> I'd really like to have the article log (/usr/local/news/log/news)
> written to in realtime, or closer to realtime much like Diablo
> performs.  I don't see that there are any configuration settings which
> may control this, unless I've overlooked something.  Before I start
> digging in source code I was curious if anyone else had been able to
> implement realtime logging?

I suggest you have a look at:

   http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/innd.html

-u
The news log (the trace information for every article accepted by innd)
is normally buffered. This option changes the log to be unbuffered.

   http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/inn.conf.html

innflags
The flags to pass to innd on startup. See innd(8) for details on the
possible flags. The default value is unset.
Note that these flags are only used when innd is started from rc.news or
nntpsend.

I hope it deals with your need.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Et vous allez reprendre votre bateau… Et, mergitur ou pas,
   fluctuat ! Compris ! Fluctuat ! » (Goudurix)