nnrp conf

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Thu Dec 4 16:23:30 UTC 2014

Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> writes:
> On 04/12/2014 14:35, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Edwardo Garcia <wdgarc88 at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Great thank you for that!

>>> I have one more question, limit user conncurant? Is innflag -H 6 -X
>>> 3600 the only way? Because I concern at 128 limit I read?

>> I'm not sure what the last part of that sentence meant, but yes, those
>> flags are the only method out of the box for controlling the number of
>> concurrent connections. Unfortunately, those are not by user; rather,
>> they're by IP address. That may be good enough in your situation. I'm
>> not sure.

> I'm sure OP will correct me if I'm wrong, but using the -Hx -X xx has a
> table limit of 128 entries does it not, I guess that's what he means.

Ah, yes, good call.

I'm pretty sure that's just a table of incoming connections: in other
words, connections innd has accepted but hasn't decided what to do with
yet.  Any given connection should only live in that table for a very short
period of time, so while 128 sounds small, it's more akin to a listen
queue than anything else.  It's not the total number of open connections
the server can rate limit.

However, I've not used this code, so I may be misunderstanding it.  The
logic is in innd/rc.c, particularly RCreader().

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>