nnrp conf

Edwardo Garcia wdgarc88 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:37:01 UTC 2014

On 12/5/14, Russ Allbery <eagle at eyrie.org> wrote:
> Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> writes:

>>> I'm not sure what the last part of that sentence meant, but yes, those
>>> flags are the only method out of the box for controlling the number of
>>> concurrent connections. Unfortunately, those are not by user; rather,
>>> they're by IP address. That may be good enough in your situation. I'm
>>> not sure.
>
>> I'm sure OP will correct me if I'm wrong, but using the -Hx -X xx has a
>> table limit of 128 entries does it not, I guess that's what he means.
>
> Ah, yes, good call.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's just a table of incoming connections: in other
> words, connections innd has accepted but hasn't decided what to do with
> yet.  Any given connection should only live in that table for a very short
> period of time, so while 128 sounds small, it's more akin to a listen
> queue than anything else.  It's not the total number of open connections
> the server can rate limit.
>
> However, I've not used this code, so I may be misunderstanding it.  The
> logic is in innd/rc.c, particularly RCreader().

Halo,
So, this may no stop single user from multiple login afterall?

Second, how  inn handsle  new groups add by upstream? Is simple
process or cron to run daily to update active file and add new groups?
Wondering how I need handle this, since we not seem to have all group
since setup, upstream seem add 19 new group we dont seem have, should
upstream be send us control so it happen on fly or manual intervention
require?

Thank you for all help too, Inn now running ok then, and prove to my
boss it not open to thrid party now, he happy too.