hide headers

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 05:10:32 UTC 2014

Hi Russ,

On 9/10/14, Russ Allbery <eagle at eyrie.org> wrote:
> Nick Edwards <nick.z.edwards at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> OK, touching back on this base, we have the filters working fine, what
>> I see remains to kill is
>
>> in path-   Path: news.test.lan!.POSTED!jupiter.test.lan!root
>
>> (jupiter is the dev areas second box, using root user posting to
>> local.test using pine)
>
>> Trying now to strip out the remote-host:user     Did try "strippath"
>> in  readers.conf/access and even in inn.conf, no change, do I need to
>> conjure up another addition to the post filter?
>
> strippath: in readers.conf should do it.  Are you sure that you added it
> to the correct access block and that the nnrpd that you posted through was
> started after the configuration change?

We only have the localhost and custs auth/access's none others, but I
did fix the problem by stop / start,  reload did not seem to do it?

Now the path is done the only thing remaining is the message-id being
remote still, not the news server, perhaps I'm on information
overload, and need to walk away till morning, but this one I cant find
any option to deal with.

Nik