hide headers

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Wed Sep 10 14:56:25 UTC 2014

Nick Edwards <nick.z.edwards at gmail.com> writes:

> We only have the localhost and custs auth/access's none others, but I
> did fix the problem by stop / start,  reload did not seem to do it?

> Now the path is done the only thing remaining is the message-id being
> remote still, not the news server, perhaps I'm on information
> overload, and need to walk away till morning, but this one I cant find
> any option to deal with.

Right, the message ID can be provided by the client and it potentially
seriously breaks the NNTP protocol for the server to override the client's
choice of message ID.  (The server doesn't know whether the client is
offering the same message ID to multiple servers.)

You can probably do something with a posting filter by editing the
headers, but there isn't (and won't be) a built-in option for changing the
message ID because it's a protocol violation and could result in duplicate
messages (in scenarios that you probably aren't worried about).

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>