Newsgroups not visible to potential subscribers

Bernard Higonnet bthcom at higonnet.net
Thu Aug 20 09:09:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have just installed inn 2.5.5 under FreeBSD 10.1

innd and innwatch are running, I've created a newsgroup with ctlinnd
which replied "OK" and the newgroups can be seen in db/active.

But when I try to subscribe using Thunderbird, I get the subscription
dialog but no visible groups (nor do I see the "control" groups).
Refreshing and looking at new groups does no good.

TIA
Bernard Higonnet