Tweaking inn.conf values for INN 2.6.0

Florian Schlichting fschlich at cis.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 13 13:02:13 UTC 2015

Hi Julien,

> * logcycles: increase from 3 to 30
> (the current number is ridiculously low; at least a month of archived
> compressed logs could be kept)

while I'm in favour of increasing buffers etc. and thus make use of the
vastly expanded storage and RAM commonly available today, I think this
one has a privacy impact and should not be increased by default - three
days should be enough to diagnose the most common cases of malfunction
and abuse, and where more is indeed needed the correct knob is easily
found.

(This is just my personal opinion, but since you asked for comments I
wanted to share my first thought when looking over the list.)

As always, thank you for the tremendous work you do for INN!
Florian