problem with logrotate logs

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 26 15:12:34 UTC 2015

Hola javi,

> I have INN 2.5.4 and have problema with logrotate
>
> each day the log rotation process is done I meet a series of errors as I put below
>
> […]
>
> logrotate_script: 2: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [exitstatus]
>
> error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/news/innfeed.log of '/var/log/news/* '
>
> cat: /injail/inn/run/inn.pid: No existe el archivo o el directorio
>
> logrotate_script: 2: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [exitstatus]
>
> error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/news/innfeed.log.1 of '/var/log/news/* '
>
> cat: /injail/inn/run/inn.pid: No existe el archivo o el directorio

What is the configuration of your logrotate script (usually in the
/etc/logrotate.d directory)?

Is it something like:

/var/log/news/news.crit {
 monthly
 rotate 2
 olddir /var/log/news/old
 missingok
 postrotate
 kill -HUP 'cat /var/run/inn.pid'
 endscript
 nocompress
}

Please be sure that the kill -HUP 'cat /var/run/inn.pid' line points to
the right file (I bet /injail/inn/run/inn.pid is marked in your
logrotate script, and that it is not the right place).

--
Julien ÉLIE