INN 2.5.4 strange crash

Petr Novopashenniy pety at rusnet.ru
Fri Mar 20 13:08:29 UTC 2015

Good day, Julien!

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015, Julien ?LIE wrote:

J?? Hi Petr,
J??
J?? > > Incidentally, these EAGAIN errors are very frequent on your server.
J?? > > Don't you have issues with other programs?  Is it only happening with
J?? > > INN?
J?? >
J?? > Looks like, yes, only with innd.
J?? > But, I remind you, this is old FreeBSD box (4.11). Same INN version works
J?? > without this problem on more modern Linux box.
J?? >
J?? > INN 2.4.3 worked fine on this FreeBSD box, from time to time I have seen
J?? > "blocked sleeping" messages, but innd never crash.
J??
J?? Unfortunately, I do not know how to further fix the issue you have on this
J?? old FreeBSD box.

Yes, I understand.
I'll be moving this NNTP service to a new server.

J?? If I understand well your message, innd no longer crashes when you use the
J?? suggested patch, doesn't it?  So if I just commit it (without the "was not
J?? sleeping" debugging stuff) so that it is included with INN 2.5.5, would it
J?? be OK for you or is there something that still disturbs you when using INN
J?? with that patch?

Yes, this OK for me, thanks, Julien!

--pety