INN and local cancel messages

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Wed Feb 3 15:00:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

If I cancel a message locally on INN (innctld cancel <messageid>),

How is the message (and more importantly, space) in a CYCBUFF re-used?  Is
it reused at all, or not?

>From what I can gather, the actual message file is removed in a timehash
store, and I suspect the same would hold true for timecaf and tradspool
(i.e. the storage space is return to the OS), but from the documentation I
am unable to determine whether the space will be re-used for a different
(new) article when I use a CYCBUFF (i.e. storage space return to CYCBUFF).

Many thnx.

--

Regards,
Chris Knipe