Migration issue?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Jul 21 20:25:43 UTC 2016

Hi The Doctor,

>> When I run the command
>>
>> su -m news -c '/usr/local/news/bin/<command>'  this works
>> better than what the deafult port does.
>
>> Who is in charge of the FreeBSD port?

Looks like you could contact Johan van Selst (aka "johans"):
     https://www.freshports.org/news/inn/

> When I had to update inn on a daily basis in BSD/OS
>
> I had to use
>
> ctlinnd shutdown update ; pskill rc.news ; pskill innwatch ; pskill ovdb ; pskill nnrpd ; pskill cnfsstat ; pskill innfeed ; gmake update ;

Why don't you just run "rc.news stop" as the news user?
You shouldn't have to kill innwatch, cnfsstat, innfeed, etc. (only nnrpd
if run in daemon mode)

> The reason why I bring up the postrgres start is that
> for postgres to start even in FreeBSD su -m <user> -c '<command>'
> is the proper way to start said service dispite the port .

Don't you use BerkeleyDB database with ovdb?

> ctlinnd: No such site
> [: : bad number
> [: : bad number

Isn't there a syntax problem in your newsfeeds file?
No error mentioned by "inncheck -a --pedantic"?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Tu n'as rien remarqué d'étrange chez cet Arverne ?
   – Oui, son accent. » (Astérix)