FAILED daily usenet report

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sat Sep 24 12:50:53 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 02:36:41PM +0200, Julien ??LIE wrote:
> The Doctor,
>
> > All right, getting a weird one here.
> > 2 days ago I type gmake install instead of gmake update.
> >
> > The I found some old files from the bsd/os box, copied over and 'recovered'.
>
> Instead of taking your old files from BSD/OS box, couldn't you take the
> .OLD files in your current FreeBSD box?

Panic button reflex :-(

> I bet the issue comes from configuration files in <pathetc>?
> Aren't there error messages in your log files (news.crit, news.err) too?

root at gallifrey:/var/log/news # tail news.crit
Sep 17 06:42:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER can't open history /var/news/etc/history: Permission denied
root at gallifrey:/var/log/news # tail news.err
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out6.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out7.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out8.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out9.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out10.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out11.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out12.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out13.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out14.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 24 06:27:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER cant getaddrinfo nntp-out15.uu.net hostname nor servname provided, or not known

Where else in /pat/to/etc do you want me to look?

> --
> Julien ?LIE
>
> ? Un voyage de mille lieues commence toujours par un premier pas. ?
>    (Lao Zi)

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for the USA to hold a referendum on its republic and vote to dissolve!!