FAILED daily usenet report

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Sep 24 13:00:34 UTC 2016

The Doctor,

>> I bet the issue comes from configuration files in <pathetc>?
>> Aren't there error messages in your log files (news.crit, news.err) too?
>
> root at gallifrey:/var/log/news # tail news.crit
> Sep 17 06:42:18 gallifrey innd: SERVER can't open history /var/news/etc/history: Permission denied

There seems to be an issue with the rights of this file.
But, more problematically, the history file should not be in
/var/news/etc but /var/news/db (or any other directory for <pathdb>).
On no account should it be in your <pathetc> directory!!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Un voyage de mille lieues commence toujours par un premier pas. »
   (Lao Zi)