storage.conf(5) manpage name too generic?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Sep 15 20:17:08 UTC 2017

Hi Russ and Dominik,

> While this isn't really a great excuse for using a very generic name, it's
> worth noting that INN has installed that config file and man page for 19
> years, or about six times longer than skopeo has existed.  So maybe they
> shouldn't have used a name that was already in use.... :)

We renamed "radius.conf" into "inn-radius.conf" in INN 2.5.4 but it was
for good cause.  The libradius package obviously has precedence over
INN!  And of course we kept homogeneity between the config file name and
its associated man page.

> If we had it to do over again, we'd pick a name that was better
> namespaced, but it feels a bit late to rename it now.  We *could*, I
> suppose, but it's kind of a hassle, and I'm not sure it's worth the pain.

I also agree to keep the storage.conf(5) name.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Donner un sens plus pur aux mots de la tribu. » (Stéphane
   Mallarmé)