QIO_BUFFERSIZE

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Dec 7 19:43:36 UTC 2020

Hi Russ,
>> It works because the buffer_size function never returns a value smaller
>> than QIO_BUFFERSIZE.
>
> Oh, I see now.  Wow, I didn't write that code in a very straightforward
> way and didn't do myself any favors with the comment.

Suprising of you :-)
Oh, well, your initial commit in year 2000 had the right comment:
   https://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/3655/trunk/lib/qio.c
You can be relieved! :-)

The intent of a subsequent commit in 2004 was also to ensure that
buffer_size was a multiple of st_blksize.

>> On both Linux and macOS I'm getting st_blksize == 4096 everywhere except
>> for a 56 GB exFAT partition on an external disk, where it's 131072.

Still works: 131 072 = 4*(the new QIO_BUFFERSIZE value of 32*1024)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il ne faut jamais gifler un sourd : il perd la moitié du plaisir. Il
   sent la gifle mais il ne l'entend pas. » (Georges Courteline)