QIO_BUFFERSIZE

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Dec 22 18:43:15 UTC 2020

Hi all,

> #define QIO_BUFFERSIZE  (32 * 1024)

Thanks for that patch Russ.

Just this message to tell that I've just rebuilt my overview data (yes,
en route to ovsqlite!).

I have 3,249,249 articles in my overview.  During the rebuild, I only
got 2 errors of too long overview lines (> 32 KB - the new size of
QIO_BUFFERSIZE).

One is a spam (37028 bytes of overview for
<4f9171cf6b3d82b5470a73feef5a5e572f29078d at news.julien-arlandis.fr> with
a giant subject header field) and the other one is a test I did in 2010
in a local newsgroup (45827 bytes of overview with an extra-long
User-Agent header field, advertised in extra overview.fmt fields).

So, the new QIO buffer size seems very good.  At least for the groups I
carry (notably fr.*).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ce serait un tunnel pour aller de la Gaule en Bretagne. » (Astérix)