ovsqlite

Bo Lindbergh 2bfjdsla52kztwejndzdstsxl9athp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:20:52 UTC 2020

Quoth Julien ÉLIE <julien at trigofacile.com>:
> As a matter of fact, PRIu64 is only used for compressed ovsqlite overview data.  And we would then use OVSQLITE_USE_DICTIONARY instead of USE_DICTIONARY (unconditionally defined otherwise in ovsqlite-server.c).
>
> Would it suit you?  Or did you have another idea in mind for USE_DICTIONARY and PRIu64 availability?

USE_DICTIONARY exists just to make it easy to do with/without testing
to check if it saves measurable amounts of disk space (it does!).

It should probably be removed before the public release.  Or it could be turned
into a configuration option: three compression levels (none, plain, dictionary).

As you noted, PRIu64 is only used once.  There is also a single use of PRId64.
I'm preparing a patch that eliminates both of them and thus any need for
<inttypes.h>.  Configuration simplification!

/Bo Lindbergh