ovsqlite

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Dec 23 12:04:31 UTC 2020

Hi Bo,

> I use a single compile-link-and-run test to probe for a sufficient
> version of SQLite.  Feel free to refine this if you have more patience
> with autoconf than I.

I also passed much time trying to improve the integration and checks
done in sqlite3.m4, but did not come to anything much better yet.
I'm wondering whether the check for <inttypes.h> and PRIu64 could not be
changed to just:

AC_CHECK_DECLS([PRIu64],
   [AC_DEFINE([OVSQLITE_USE_DICTIONARY], 1,
              [Enable use of a dictionary with zlib if PRIu64 is
available.])])

As a matter of fact, PRIu64 is only used for compressed ovsqlite
overview data.  And we would then use OVSQLITE_USE_DICTIONARY instead of
USE_DICTIONARY (unconditionally defined otherwise in ovsqlite-server.c).

Would it suit you?  Or did you have another idea in mind for
USE_DICTIONARY and PRIu64 availability?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« La grandeur d'un métier, c'est peut-être avant tout d'unir les
   hommes. » (Saint-Exupéry)