ovsqlite

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Dec 24 09:43:47 UTC 2020

Hi Bo,

>>     Article lines processed  3252700
>>     Articles dropped              57
>>     Overview index dropped      2673
>>
>> I usually have the same numbers for articles dropped and overview
>> index dropped.  Maybe the difference is normal for the first run on
>> a new overview database built with makehistory?  (I can't tell as I
>> do not know what was dropped exactly.)
>
> No idea.  The expiration logic is mostly copied from ovdb.  I tested it
> by removing the oldest 1/10 of each group's articles with sm -d
> before running expireover, and it seemed to remove exactly the right set
> of article rows from the database. (This was with cnfs and no group-based
> expiration.)

The 2nd run of ovsqlite expiry worked as usual (same number for articles
and overview index dropped).

I looked into my news.daily archives and found out a reassuring news
about the 1st run.
Last time I did it was after a change of news server.  The 1st run of
expireover with tradindexed on a fresh new overview database (generated
during the transfer of articles via innxmit) looked like:

expireover start mardi 9 mai 2017, 04:15:27 (UTC+0200):
     Article lines processed  2936398
     Articles dropped             959
     Overview index dropped      2347

and afterwards, articles and overview index dropped were identical.

So far so good then!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ils ont refusé une offre de Normand ?!? » (Astérix)