Static builds & snapshots

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Mon Nov 30 02:00:25 UTC 2020

> Linking with static libraries now work fine again!

> Fix will be present in upcoming INN 2.6.4:
>   https://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/10406/ (issue with circular
>   dependencies + Libtool bug)
>   https://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/10412/ (issue with expire.c)

> Patch submitted to improve --preserve-dup-deps in Libtool Debian package.

Great, thank you for fixing this!

> Incidentally, would it be possible to add a few configure flags to INN
> during the dailing generation of snapshots?  It would regularly test
> that some options are still working fine.
> For instance :
> - on Monday: ./configure --enable-shared=no
> - on Tuesday: ./configure --enable-tagged-hash
> - on Wednesday: ./configure --enable-keywords
> - on Thursday: ./configure --enable-largefiles
> - on Friday: ./configure --enable-reduced-depends
> - on the other days: ./configure

We could just build with all variations every snapshot run with a make
distclean between them.  CPU is cheap.  The cron job that does that just
runs support/mksnapshot, so feel free to commit whatever iteration of
options you think would be good to test to that script.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.