INN2 user authentication against system users

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Sun Feb 14 17:26:40 UTC 2021

Kevin Shell <kshell at gmx.com> writes:

> Yes.
> I follow Russ' suggestion and the ckpasswd man page to
> add nnrpd PAM entry for ckpasswd, just plain ckpasswd command
> without arguments and without setgid shadow not work on Debian Linux.

Okay, something weird is going on because this definitely should work on
Debian Linux.  There may be problems on some more exotic platforms, but on
Debian you don't even need a PAM configuration file.

What sort of output did you get when it didn't work?  Did you get any
error messages?  You should have gotten some syslog messages from PAM at
the very least.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.