INN Git tag format changed

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Sep 17 22:05:15 UTC 2021

Hi all,

First of all, thanks Russ for the new tag format, which seems appropriate.

> I've pushed new bare version tags and deleted the release/* tags.
> (Figured best do that early on before anyone starts depending much on the
> new repository and format.)

Seems like the two tags now exist in my local repository.

% git show 2.6.4
commit 2f516bb12842591d3dbbc949bf97d349805fcdac (tag: release/2.6.4,
tag: 2.6.4)

I bet I need to reclone it.

Incidentally, I've tried to play with release notes associated to tags
in GitHub.  Here is a suggestion of writing for 2.6.3 and 2.6.4:
   https://github.com/InterNetNews/inn/releases

I thought the date of the release, a link to the GitHub diff, and 2
sections (Bug Fixes, New Features) would be good.  For major releases,
an additional section for Breaking Changes, if any, would be added.

Any comments or things you would prefer?  (before I go on with older
releases)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than
   electronic banking.  It's called marriage. » (Sam Kinison)