ref unwanted email.

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Thu Dec 16 21:41:57 UTC 2004

> Jon Lawrence wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Has the RIPE spam software broken. I seem to be getting an awfully large
> > amount of junk dropped into my RIPE mailing list boxes over the last
> > couple of days.
> > It's not been specific to this list, but I don't feel like cross posting
> > this to all the lists. I'm sure RIPE are aware it's happening, but you
> > never know :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jon Lawrence
>
> As a consequence, I unsubscribed from every RIPE list now. The amount of
> spam reached a 4 times as usual rate within the last couple of hours. It
> would be great if I could get a note when this spam friendly setup has been
> fixed.

4 x the usual rate. I just received about 20 spam's. Normally I get about half
a dozen per month - I'm pretty sure the lists are currently set to bypass my
own filters.
That's the only reason I mentioned it.
Can't see the point in unsubscribing. If I want to keep up with what's
happening in the RIPE region and possibly even take part in the future
directions things go, then need to be on the mailing lists EOS.
OK, lots of spam would be a major pita but in the main the RIPE lists are some
of the most spam free ML's I'm on.

Anyway, enough discussion on this - it has nowt to do with the tools :). I
just could'nt think of a better place to post the first message (should've
gone to antispan-wg I suppose) so it went to the list where I first got the
spam.

Jon