[irrtoolset] Segmentation fault on peval

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed Nov 2 09:48:49 UTC 2005

On Nov 02, Jan Boogman <boogman at ip-plus.net> wrote:

> jan at gatekeeper ~ $ peval as-swcmlocal
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0812eee8 ***
> Aborted
You can prevent it from aborting by setting MALLOC_CHECK_=0, but this
only hides the bugs. On my system when it did not segfault it often
silently failed to expand some as-sets.

(Instead of trying to debug this huge mess of C++ code I choose to just
rewrite in perl the parts I needed:
http://www.linux.it/~md/software/rpsltool-0.1.tgz .
It supports a much smaller problem space than irrtoolset, but in my
experience most networks do not need more.)

--
ciao,
Marco