[irrtoolset] Segmentation fault on peval

Francesco Ferreri f.ferreri at namex.it
Wed Nov 2 09:30:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I think there is a problem with Linux implementations, I switched to
FreeBSD ports and got no segmentation fault at all.

I've just had a look on my desktop PC (FreeBSD 5.4 + IRRToolSet 4.7.3)
and succeeded to expand your as-set (even though I get some warnings:
"Warning: key not found error for query !gAS2162.").

Best regards,
Francesco Ferreri

Jan Boogman wrote:
> Since a few weeks I am experiencing a similar problem with peval 4.8.2
> on linux (gentoo 2.6.11 and 2.4.26):
>
> jan at gatekeeper ~ $ peval as-swcmlocal
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0812eee8 ***
> Aborted
>
> for really small as-sets it does work though, as does recursion of
> as-sets without prefix expansion (i.e peval -no-as <as-set>)
>
> Has anybody been able to fix that??
>
> Regards
> Jan

Francesco Ferreri