Rewriting IRRTools? [was: Re: [irrtoolset] Segmentation fault on peval]

João Damas Joao_Damas at isc.org
Fri Nov 4 15:50:05 UTC 2005

On 4 Nov, 2005, at 15:02, Simon Leinen wrote:

> Marco d'Itri writes:
>> (Instead of trying to debug this huge mess of C++ code I choose to
>> just
>> rewrite in perl the parts I needed:
>
> Over the years of problems with IRRToolSet, it had come to my mind
> that this would probably be best - just rewrite the whole thing in
> Perl.  ISC, did you consider this route?

We do not currently have resources for a full re-implementation by
ISC itself, as no one is sponsoring this work. If there are people
around who think this would be useful we can just act as a hosting
place for the group to work and publish the work, much like we do for
INN.
Other option is to go along with Marco, who is doing a good job.

Joao