Rewriting IRRTools? [was: Re: [irrtoolset] Segmentation fault on peval]

Tim Streater tim.streater at dante.org.uk
Fri Nov 4 16:13:21 UTC 2005

At 15:50 04/11/2005, João Damas wrote:

>On 4 Nov, 2005, at 15:02, Simon Leinen wrote:
>
>> Marco d'Itri writes:
>>> (Instead of trying to debug this huge mess of C++ code I choose to
>>> just
>>> rewrite in perl the parts I needed:
>>
>> Over the years of problems with IRRToolSet, it had come to my mind
>> that this would probably be best - just rewrite the whole thing in
>> Perl.  ISC, did you consider this route?
>>

>We do not currently have resources for a full re-implementation by
>ISC itself, as no one is sponsoring this work. If there are people
>around who think this would be useful we can just act as a hosting
>place for the group to work and publish the work, much like we do for
>INN.
>Other option is to go along with Marco, who is doing a good job.

João,

Errr, now I am puzzled. I thought this package was handed over to ISC to support and enhance, to continue what RIPE had previously been doing. Is/was this not the case?

           * *         Tim Streater         Network Engineer
         *     *
        *              City House
       *               126-130 Hills Road   Tel +44 1223 371300
       *               Cambridge CB2 1PQ    Fax +44 1223 371371
    D  A  N  T  E      United Kingdom       WWW http://www.dante.net