Fails to build / Any development? / Licences

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Sun Nov 6 11:10:50 UTC 2005

On Nov 06, Francesco Ferreri <f.ferreri at namex.it> wrote:

> But I think it's worth considering that IRRToolSet is quite an ambitious
> software project, with a rich set of features and tasks which may
This is an important point: how many people are actually using
IRRToolSet to build complete configurations using the IRR as the
authoritative source of data about *their own* network?
Even ignoring objects like peering-set and inet-rtr, how many people
build their configurations by taking the list of their peers from their
aut-num object instead of from a local database?
I think that a more realistic goal would be to use the IRR to gather
data about other people's networks, which is more practical to deploy
and much easier to support by tools since the only relevant objects are
route[6], inetnum[6], as-set and rs-set.

--
ciao,
Marco