RIPE NCC - ISC agreement to work together to move IRRToolset

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Fri Aug 1 02:50:59 UTC 2008

 	Hello Joao & Hagen (& All) ,

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Joao Damas wrote:
> Thanks Hagen,
> can others express their interest in these additions?
> Joao
 	Hagen ,  is the source code at (*) primarily Solaris only ?
 	Reason I asked is doing a straight "./configure && make 2>&1 | tee
logfile" is producing pretty much nothing but errors .  If the tarball is
patched to be functional on Solaris it may need a bit of tweeking for other OS's
and their libraries ,  Just a Fyi .  Log of the failed build is available if
wanted .

(*)	linux based system ,  gcc 3.4.6 .
  http://www.net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~hagen/IRRToolSet/tar/IRRToolSet-4.8.4-HB1.9.tar.gz

 	Joao ,  As described by Hagen here (**) ,  I beleive his new IRReval
tool (w|c)ould make a decent inclusion to the tool set .  Mind as long as its
sources are made portable to other OS's build environments .
(**)	http://www.net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~hagen/IRRToolSet/IRReval_man_page.html

 		Hth ,  JimL