documentation of the GNU C++ Library code?

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Mon Jun 15 18:00:52 UTC 2009

On Tue Jan 8 11:55:53 UTC 2008, Hagen Boehm wrote:
> some of the files in IRRToolSet, for example those you find in
>
> /src/gnug++/
> /src/rpsl/gnu/
>
> have an introduction that says "This file is part of the GNU C++ Library...."
>
> Does anyone know whether that code is still part of the GNU C++ Library?
> If so, does somebody have a link where I can find documentation for the code?
> I would like to know more about the /src/rpsl/gnu/* stuff, but I haven't found
> anything useful about it in the web... :-(

I don't think that this code was ever part of the GNU C++ library, in the
sense of libstdc++.  The way I've interpreted it is that it's part of the
GNU-licensed c++ library stuff in irrtoolset, and my suspicion (which may
be completely wrong) is that the header file was just cut-n-pasted from
file to file without a whole lot of thought about licensing.

The licensing for irrtoolset is a complete mess.

Nick