RPSL automation

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri May 15 17:50:25 UTC 2009

> Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:03:32 +0200
> From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
> Sender: irrtoolset-bounces at lists.isc.org
>
> > I would therefore humbly suggest deleting prtraceroute, prpath,
> > CIDRAdvisor, aoe and roe from the distribution.  This should allow the
> > removal of a large cascade of ancient code from librpsl and in particular
> > libCore.
> >
> > All of the Prcs cruft should also be removed.  The .tar.gz in the root
> > directory is corrupt, and none of the other files serves any real purpose.
> >
> > I've flagged some other stuff which should be removed in:
> >
> > http://irrtoolset.isc.org/ticket/23
> >
> > Does anyone have any objection removing these things?
>
> none at all.  i will wave goodbye cheerily.

Actually, there was a time when I used aoe quite a bit. It's been broken
for so ling that I have long since learned to live without it. I would
not mind seeing it back, but I don't see investing the time that would be
required to get it working again. (Of course, if there are existing
patches to it, then I'd like to see it stay.)

Most of the same for roe, though it is not really very interesting to
me. No issue with the rest and I don't care about the case of rtconfig.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)