How can i generate the AS path from IRR data same as found in BGP

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Fri Jan 1 13:00:22 UTC 2010

On 01/01/2010 07:52, Akmal Shahbaz wrote:
> How similar do you think the paths would be from BGP and IRR data?

If you're looking for anecdotal indications of how close the IRR and DFZ
bgp paths look, I maintain two peering matrices for INEX (IXP in Dublin),
one of which uses netflow to detect bgp traffic between routers (slightly
overestimates peering) and the other which uses the RIPE IRRDB.  Both are
updated daily.

You can take a look at them here:

https://www.inex.ie/technical/peeringmatrix
https://www.inex.ie/technical/peeringmatrix-ripe-irrdb

In an ideal world, you would expect the two to look the same, or even
roughly similar.

We also use various IRRBs for pulling prefix origin information (i.e.
route: and route6: objects).  We have measured this data against actual
prefix announcements to our route servers and have found that there is a
pretty good correlation between the two.  We haven't automated this yet to
search for differences, but some day we'll do this.

Nick