how to build Website IRR

RRX Network billr at rutherford-research.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:01:39 UTC 2012

Hi Huy Bac,

hope this helps ... probably easiest to take a look at the CANARIE
site ...

https://whois.canarie.ca/cgi-bin/configs.pl

It has been quite a while since we worked on this (about 10 years) ...
as far as recall everything is in the tar.gz package for a similar setup
to what CANARIE has ... the network engineers install and populate a
standard RIPE RPSL database using an acceptable naming schema for
objects suited to their network architecture ... which can be parsed by
a software tool later ...

http://www.canarie.ca/en/network/policies/network-policies

once this has been done the router configurations can easily be
generated from the web tool via the PERL script (configs.pl) and
rtconfig ... as far as I am aware this has worked very well over over
10 years for the Canadian system ...

the CA*net4 Network Operations Centre (noc at canarie.ca) might be able to
supply more information on the latest factors ...

Bill

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 11:25 +0700, Bac Nguyen Huy wrote:
> Hi Bill.
> I have install your Perl_IRR_Web. But i see many Perl script file, v.v.
> That is enough to build IRR System, or we have to install other packet or v.v.
>
> Huy Bac
>

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Dr W Rutherford
> <billr at rutherford-research.ca> wrote:
> > hope this is ok ...
> >
> > http://www.rutherford-research.ca/downloads/irr/rrx_nw_jsp_java_irr_web_v_5_02.tar.gz
> >
> > http://www.rutherford-research.ca/downloads/irr/rrx_nx_php_perl_irr_web_v_1_03.tar.gz
> >
> > bill
> >

> > On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 17:14 +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> >
> >> We built an IRR web site for Canada(CANARIE) ... some time ago ... circa
> >> 2001 ...
> >
> > and the open source is available where?
> >
> > randy

RRX Network