suggestions for JUNOS rtconfig

Robin Pimentel robin at pimentel.me
Tue Mar 6 23:05:02 UTC 2012

A quick clarification:  delete does work, but the syntax is more delicate.
For example to delete a neighbor you have to terminate the hierarchy with a
";" and exclude the contents "{...}" from the statement.  Of course you are
correct that someone would still have to implement it in a toolset, whether
home-grown, or otherwise.

For example,
protocols {
  bgp {
    group  PRIVATE-PEER {
      delete: neighbor 1.1.1.2;
    }
  }
}

Works fine from a text standpoint.  If you are using xml, you have to do
something like
<neighbor delete="delete">
   <name>1.1.1.2</name>
</neighbor>