IRRToolSet 5.1.2 released , error: possibly undefined macro:

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Wed Oct 16 09:04:07 UTC 2019

> I'm also seeing this with pkgsrc on NetBSD when trying to update
> the package.  This is with autoconf 2.69, which as far as I can
> see is the latest version.
>
> If I instead of "autoconf -vfi" do "autoconf -v -f -i", I get the
> same errors James reported:
>
> configure.ac:34: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:56: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LEX
> configure.ac:58: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> *** Error code 1
>
> I'm digging further to see what can be done to fix this.

The recipe I found out to be required (after quite a bit of trial
and error -- I'm no autoconf expert...):

aclocal
autoreconf --install
automake --add-missing
autoconf -v -i -f

This is with autoconf 2.69 and automake 1.16.1.

This managed to produce a working seutp and a build which
succeeds.

Best regards,

- Håvard