Server hangs at startup - issue with lock file and NFS ?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Tue Sep 2 15:00:39 UTC 2014

I have followed the procedure described in http://kea.isc.org/docs/kea-guide.html

I build as follows:

LOG4CPLUS_HOME=/opt/application/mwpdhcp/products/log4cplus/1.2.0-rc2
KEA_HOME=/opt/application/mwpdhcp/products/kea/0.9-beta1

./configure \
	--with-openssl \
	--prefix=$KEA_HOME \
	--with-log4cplus=$LOG4CPLUS_HOME \
	--with-dhcp-mysql

make
make install

Then I start the server with:

/opt/application/mwpdhcp/products/kea/0.9-beta1/sbin/kea-dhcp4 -c kea.conf -d

Shouldn't the lock file be in "prefix", rather than the build directory ?

Anyway, I've rebuilt with a local copy of the sources, instead of using a NFS.
The server now starts correctly (well almost - my configuration is incorrect; but the server doesn't hang anymore).

Regards,
Nicolas.