Server hangs at startup - issue with lock file and NFS ?

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Tue Sep 2 14:41:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Chaigneau, Nicolas wrote:

> I'm working on a Linux RHEL6 (2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.x86_64) VM.

> Googling a bit, I found other people had similar issues with fcntl:
>
> "fcntl system call hangs when using F_SETLK with NFS file"

I cannot find any recent issue reports with locking on NFS. Anyone have
recent links?

Anyways, we should be able to have the same functionality for this
without using the locking. In addition, maybe the routine is not needed
with newer log4cplus.

> I believe the lock file should not be created in the sources directory.

That should only be for testing purposes.  How did you run kea? (which
should identify why it use the source directory)