Server hangs at startup - issue with lock file

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Tue Sep 16 13:38:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Chaigneau, Nicolas wrote:

> I've got an issue though, when I run "autoreconf --install" (as
> described in Kea guide), it just hangs after displaying the following
> output:
> : command not found
> : command not found
>

> I've installed automake (1.11.1) and libtool (2.2.6b); autoconf (2.63)
> was already installed.
>
> I've checked all binaries mentioned in:
> "This will run autoconf, aclocal, libtoolize, autoheader, automake,
> and related commands"
>

> Any hint to check what's going wrong ?

Maybe try running the autoreconf with -vv switch (-v -v) for extra
verbose output to help track this down. (Use a single -v for less
debugging.)

Also make sure you don't have AUTOM4TE, AUTOCONF, AUTOHEADER, AUTOMAKE,
ACLOCAL, AUTOPOINT, LIBTOOLIZE, M4, and MAKE set in your environment
incorrectly. (You shouldn't need then set.)

> Can I possibly get the files I need from the 0.9 tarball, or is it a
> bad idea ?

That may be difficult and won't work well. (Also automake/autoconf make
retry to rebuild parts when you attempt to make and it will be
inconsistent.)