IA_NA + IA_PD

Sebastián Fritz sfritz at stechs.com.ar
Tue Sep 23 20:26:18 UTC 2014

Hi Tomek,
                  Thank you for your help. I believe that,  there is not
any problem in assign an IA_NA  at the DOCSIS eRouter’s WAN side and a
different range prefix IAPREFIX at the DOCSIS eRouter’s LAN side. In this
way, I could have  an  smaller prefix to only assign IA_NA at the WAN side
and a bigger subnet to assign IAPREFIX at the LAN side.
                   Knowing  that DOCSIS Spec suggests to do the assignment
(IA_NA) and DHCPv6 prefix delegation (IA_PD) in a single DHCPv6 session. Do
you plan to support it in the future?.  Below, there is the references with
this recommendation.

“CM-SP-eRouter-I13-140729” -( Section 8.3 - Obtain IPv6 address and other
configuration parameters),  (
http://www.cablelabs.com/wp-content/uploads/specdocs/CM-SP-eRouter-I13-140729.pdf
):

“...DHCPv6 address assignment (IA_NA) and DHCPv6 prefix delegation (IA_PD)
SHOULD be done as a single DHCPv6 session....”

Thanks again for your time!

Regards,
Sebastian