[kea-dev] IA_NA + IA_PD

Sebastián Fritz sfritz at stechs.com.ar
Thu Sep 25 19:06:37 UTC 2014

Hi Tomek,
We are considering to support several CMTSs, so as you recommend us,  we’re
going to start assigning IA_NA as management address (side WAN) and
IAPREFIX at the side LAN within the  same subnet. Additionally, below I’m
presenting another scenario where I found a problem and I would like to
know your opinion:

- Knowing that CMTS already supports route injection to update the prefixes
assigned to eRouters according to RFC 4779  (Section 5.2.2.5 ), it could be
possible to keep the prefix to a client which I need moving from one to
other CMTS. In this case, if I have associated relay-agent, IA_NA pool and
pd-pools altogether at the same subnet,  it’s impossible to keep the same
IAPREFIX because the subnet and the relay-agent  changes when the client is
moved to another CMTS. In this way, personally I think  that  I would be
great,  if Kea can support associate a same pd-pool with different subnets.

What do you think?

Regards,
Sebastian