[kea-dev] Design for Kea Host Reservation

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Tue Sep 30 11:20:08 UTC 2014

All,

I have created a new design document on Kea wiki:
http://kea.isc.org/wiki/HostReservationDesign for Host Reservation. It
summarizes the discussions that we conducted on a mailing list and
during the Kea hackathon.

The document introduces detailed layout of the database for host
reservations. It also presents relations between the old and new C++
classes and some other details.

At present, the document doesn't cover the design of a management tool
for updating and adding new host reservations to the database. I think
this tool is out of scope for now.

The Trac ticket for creating a HR design is #3559. This ticket is now in
the review queue and the regular review should be conducted by one of
ISC engineers. I also encourage mail list subscribers to have a look and
comment.

Marcin