[kea-dev] kea-msg-compiler installed

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Mon Dec 14 23:00:02 UTC 2015

Long ago, I stopped the installation of the message compiler.
http://kea.isc.org/ticket/3100
eb6441aca464980d00e3ff827cbf4195c5a7afc5

I see it is installed again.

There is an open ticket to install it
http://kea.isc.org/ticket/3100
which also talks about a suitable name and manual.

The reason I brought this up is because there is no documentation for
it. (Ignore the source comments since that isn't installed with it.)

The install change happened in
ea6e9d166faa54b1f9781bc56d7d8fee6c87b1f9
without any corresponding log message.
In fact, I don't see how it is related to the ticket:
http://kea.isc.org/ticket/3782

Okay to stop this installation until it is done properly (with docs).
Even release notes / changes history doesn't mention it.

(Yes I know about the recent rename, but that wouldn't have been needed
if suggestion already happened.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
  ISC