[kea-dev] Plans for a KEA extensible DHCP client?

Ray Hunter (v6ops) v6ops at globis.net
Wed Dec 16 11:52:58 UTC 2015

I'm using the KEA server to test a proposed new dhcpv6 option for name
space delegation (similar in idea to prefix delegation).

There's an awful lot of KEA specifics creeping into my code e.g. the
build environment, the test environment, the logging environment......

Are there any plans to (re-)use the KEA libraries to produce an
extensible client?

It would save me an awful lot of work if I could write and test my
libraries once for server and client simultaneously, rather than
learning a whole new development tree for the client side and also
re-writing everything that is client specific.

--
regards,
RayH