[kea-dev] Adding MYSQL backend support

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon Jan 18 13:19:54 UTC 2016

Jake,

Thanks for your interest in Kea and your initiative to create a MySQL
config backend.

We heard from users that it is often desired to store configuration in
the database, rather than a file. For example: we're currently
implementing storing host reservations in an SQL database. We also
considered storing subnets configuration in the SQL database etc.
Implementing MySQL backend to hold full server configuration partly
overlaps with it. So, please allow a couple of days for us to discuss
this matter among the team members.

Marcin Siodelski
ISC