[kea-dev] Fixing Kea package

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon Mar 14 10:18:59 UTC 2016

On 11.03.2016 18:44, Jiri Popelka wrote:
> On 11.3.2016 16:00, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
>> I'm writing this email to inform you about I made several changes to your package because of standard updating to C++11. Changes are in these files:
>
> Background story is that we were unable to build kea with new gcc-6.0.0
> (forthcoming Fedora 24), which defaults to -std=gnu++14.
> We worked-around some of the failures by using -std=gnu++11 and
> -Wno-deprecated-declarations and the rest has been fixed by the Zdenek's
> patch. Let us know if you need more details.
>
> with regards,
> --
> Jiri

Zdenek, Jiri,

A while ago we have started making necessary changes to allow for
building Kea with C++11 enabled. Refer to the following Kea ticket:
http://kea.isc.org/ticket/3845 for details. This work has been put on
hold because we had other more urgent work to do.

I'll bring the topic of C++1X on our internal call this week and we'll
figure out what we want to do about it in the near future.

Thanks,
Marcin Siodelski
DHCP Software Engineer
ISC